Executive Position Expectations:
Registrar of Members
- Submit an annual report;
- Consult with, take direction from, and represent all PACs in the District.
- Work as a team to ensure NVPAC purposes are achieved;
- Where practical, assist their successor with the transition.
- Attend all Executive, General, and Special meetings;
- Be familiar with the Constitution, Bylaws, Policies and Procedures of NVPAC;
- Carry out their duties as described;
- Follow the NVPAC Code of Ethics, as per current policy;
- Inform the Secretary prior to the meeting, if they are unable to attend.
- Speak on behalf of the Society
- Act as designate to other partner groups;
- Consult with Society members;
- Preside at membership and executive meetings;
- Ensure that an agenda is prepared;
- Appoint committees where authorised by the membership or Executive;
- Ensure that the Society is represented in school district activities;
- Ensure that Society activities are aimed at achieving the purposes set out in the constitution;
- Be a signing officer.
- Support the Chair;
- Assume the duties of the Chair in the Chair’s absence or upon request;
- Assist the Chair in the performance of his duties;
- Accept extra duties as required.
- Ensure all funds are accounted for;
- Receive all monies and account for all expenditures to the membership as required;
- Be a signing officer
- Disburse funds as authorised by the membership or executive;
- Report on all receipts and disbursements at general and executive meetings;
- Make financial records and books of account available to members upon request, with reasonable notice;
- With the assistance of the executive, draft an annual budget;
- Ensure that another signing officer has access to the financial records and books of account in the treasurer’s absence;
- Submit annual financial statements at the Annual General Meeting
- Conduct the correspondence of the Society under the direction of the Chair and the Executive;
- Issue notices of all meetings;
- Be responsible for distribution to members any material approved by the Executive;
- Record and file all minutes of all meetings
Registrar of Members
- Maintain annually a list of Executive members and voting members with telephone numbers, email addresses and the school they represent;
- Keep an accurate record of PAC Representatives from each school;
- Administer the communications tools currently in use to ensure ongoing operation in support of the NVPAC communication needs.
- Be responsible for the execution of all general parent meetings and educational forums planned by the Chair and the Executive.
- Serve as the liaison between the Society and the British Columbia Confederation of Parent Advisory Councils;
- Encourage PACs in School District #44 to be members of BCCPAC;
- Disseminate BCCPAC information to all PACs in School District 44;
- Help identify interested and qualified parents for BCCPAC external committees;
- Help PACs and the Executive to process BCCPAC forms, proxies and applications;
- Assist PACs and the Executive in responding to BCCPAC AGM resolutions;
- Be responsible for duties assigned by the Executive.